Great Leadership Starts with Self-Leadership
Created on February 6, 2024
Great leadership starts withSelf-Leadership
“Only three things happen naturally in organizations”
- Who is the best leader you ever work with/for?
- What made you feel that way about them?
Leadership Problems =TLT x People x Power
- To Little Time
The cookie test
Test conducted in 1998 in Berkeley University.
Dee Hock Founder of Visa
“If you want to lead, invest at least 40% of your time in leading yourself”
Tool: Character traits check
- Who was the worst leader you ever had?
- What did he/she do that made them the worst leader?
- How good are you at the bad qualities you saw in your worst leader?
Tool: 5 Min Reflection
- What are the challenges I’m about to face?
- What kind of leader was I today?
- How would the leader I admire face those challenges?
On a scale from 1-10, how important is that issue
- Identify what kind of leader you want to be.
- Measure how close or how far you are from that ideal leader.
- Self-Leadership, Self-Awareness, Self-Regulation
- The best leaders, lead themselves.