CV - Paul Morgan - Consultancy
Created on February 4, 2024
Over 12 years experience in various educational roles and settings. Specialising in teacher training and coaching along with quality processes. Delivery partner with Educational Training Foundation (ETF) on a range of their pedagogical programmes. Advanced practitioner and liaison to directors at MidKent college (MKC). Digital and innovative support lead at MKC. Work closely with the Kent Further Education (KFE) network to collaborate and drive standards of TLA in Kent FE. Ambassador for a range of educational platforms including Seesaw and Genially. Experienced in running digital development projects in FE.
1 - Eduction
3 - Competencies
2 - Experience
4 - Content Examples
*Click icons above to go to that section
5 - Contact Me
"Education is not the learning of facts but the training of the mind to think".
Neath Port Talbot College
Psychology - ABiology - BPhysical Education - A
BsC Honors DegreeLevel 5
Sport and Exercise Science - 2:1
Post Graduate Certificate in Further Eduction - Distinction
"Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience. You need experience to gain wisdom".
Personal Professional Tutor MKC
- Developing and maintaining a safe and confidential relationship with students
- Providing advice and support to students in matters related to academic work and students’ personal development
- Working with students to find appropriate pathways to resolve difficulties
- Maintaining effective communication with other support services on behalf of students
- Plan deliver and report on your course, using methods and materials appropriate to the learner group and course content. A Scheme of work/syllabus and lesson plans should be used for this and made available to the Course Organiser, class visitor or inspector when required
- Prepare/adapt appropriate teaching materials
- Identify/assess the needs of learners and if necessary, adapt course content and delivery style to meet these needs. Where a course is inappropriate for a learner direct them to another course or provider. Deal appropriately with individual learner support needs, using the appropriate forms and recording the required evidence as per the guidelines provided.
Lecturer - Sport and Exercise Science
- Delivery of teaching to a quality approved by the College and appropriate validating/moderating bodies if applicable.
- Preparation of teaching materials, schemes of work and lesson plans as appropriate.
- Assessment of student’s written and practical work, including writing and regular reviewing of students’ Individual Learning Plans.
- Recording, reporting and dissemination of assessment grades and results of students’ and monitoring and reporting on their progress including liaison with parents, carers and professional agencies as appropriate.
- Maintaining good order in the teaching environment, including statutory aspects such as safeguarding, equal opportunities and health and safety.
- Attending meetings, including staff meetings, parent evenings, marketing events, courses and discussions, internal and external to the College as directed and reporting back as appropriate.
- Supporting students with their pastoral needs, guiding and directing in both academic and personal matters and liaising with cross-college services e.g. Personal Tutors and Curriculum support teams.
- Working with colleagues throughout the College in developing courses, training methods and materials, including attendance at Focus
- Days and other compulsory CPD events and participation in peer observation for developmental purposes, ensuring adherence to college policies and practices.
- Acting as Course Tutor for designated course(s).
- Assist with departmental administration including the timely marking of registers, production of reports on student attendance, retention and achievement and publication of materials on the College’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Membership of relevant college committees and participation in quality assurance mechanisms e.g. verification, moderation, course reviews and Self Assessment Reviews (SARs).
- Writing of UCAS references with students
- Development and implementation of a curriculum, including quality assurance of course materials in collaboration with course tutors and Heads of Departments.
- Assist with the recruitment and selection of suitable candidates for courses.
Day to day duties include:
- − Voluntary one-to-one support for the wider teaching workforce.
- − Leading and facilitating group CPD programmes and sessions.
- − Mandatory coaching and mentoring for staff experiencing challenges in their practice.
- − Inductions of new staff.
- − Support to meet strategic objectives set by the Department for Education (DfE), Ofsted, senior management or Heads of Department.
- Target support to teaching staff to encourage a culture which values continuing professional development and to empower staff to be open and take ownership of their own development.
- Design and run E-learning packages to support development of staff across a range of teaching, learning and assessment elements.
- Recognised for having an exceptionally elevated level of mastery within own teaching practice.
- Design and write policy in line with improve quality standards across the organisation.
- Develop relationships and partnerships with external agencies outside of the organisation.
- Complete formal observations along with developmental action plans for curriculum staff in line with policy requirements.
*Click on titles to learn about roles and responsibilities
Set up PaulMorganCoaching. Offering a range of services including: - 121 Personal Training - Online Coaching - Interim Education Consultancy - External CPD Provider
- Apple Teacher
- Seesaw Pioneer and Lead Admin
- IRIS Lead Certificate
- Microsoft Innovative Educator
- TAQA Assessor Level 3
- Fitness Instruction Level 2
- Personal Training Level 3
- Nutrition for Optimal Performance Level 4
- ILM level 5 Coaching and Mentoring
Content - CPD Training
Content - Consultancy
to enlarge content ^^
to enlarge content ^^
Hover mouse over icons for contact information
Hover mouse over icons for social media accounts
Hope to hear from you soon!
Instagram Account: pmorganedu
Twitter Account: @pmorganEDU
LinkedIn Account: Paul H Morgan