More creations to inspire you
- We are going to keep working on our passing and striking skills with a game of 1 on 1 on 1. The rules are the same as classic Roundnet, but with 3 players.
- Mrs. Porter will assign groups and place you at nets. Begin with a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors to determine who will begin the game as Player 1. All three of you will play at the same time. When you “SHOW’ who ever is different is the winner and will be Player 1. The two second place players will play RPS the normal way and that winner will be player 2.
- Play starts with player 1 serving to player 2. Player 2 and player 3 are now on a team and have 3 touches to hit the ball off the net. If player 3 hits the ball off the net, players 1 and 2 are on a team and have 3 hits to make a spike.
- Play continues in this way, with the player who makes the spike then working to defend against the hits of the other two players.
- No score is kept during 1 on 1 on 1. Each rally is a mini-game of its own.
- We will play 3-minute games. When time expires, place ball under net and listen for the rotation.
- You will get at least two new teammates before we start the next game.
- On the stop signal put equipment down and be ready for the next set of instructions.
- 1 Spikeball® per group of 3 students
- 1 Spikeball® net per group
- Scatter nets in activity area with enough space for groups to move freely.
- Create groups of 3 students, each group at a net with a Spikeball®.
EQUIPMENT & SET UP
Purposeful Competition: I will recognize the value of purpose in my daily activities and use it to motivate me. Skill: I will demonstrate the Roundnet skills and strategies required to play 1 on 1 on 1. Fitness: I will remain actively engaged in order to increase my heart rate. Responsible Behaviors: I will value and demonstrate safe behaviors.
All of us will be following the cues of the workout:3, 2 , 1, GO! and we will demonstrate the fitness or spikeball task.On 3, 2, 1, STOP! We will rest, but the athletic trainer will tell you what the next task will be before beginning again.Remember we are earning fair play points so we need:1. Demonstrate the skills as shown2. Give our best effort3. Stay on task
This fitness focus will highlight:1. muscular endurance2. spikeball skills
For each round,select any spikeball to reveal your task.