Created on January 28, 2024
More creations to inspire you
WORK DONE BY : FRANCISCA RORIZ Nº 11
TEENS AND BODY IMAGE
A negative body image contributes to low self-esteem and also influences the way a teenager may feel, with a greater tendency to, for example, make more comparisons between their body and the one they consider ideal.
Body image is an incredibly important aspect of adolescent health, and clinicians should be aware of ways to help promote positive body image in adolescents.
Most of the time teenagers compare their bodies to the bodies of influencers because they think they have the " perfect body "
- Criticizing your own body ( for example , saying that is ugly ).
- Not wanting to leave the house because of the way they look .
- Constantly comparing their body to other people's .
- Spending a lot of time looking at yourself in the mirror, taking photos, and looking for imperfections.
- Being obsessed with weight loss.
Some of the signs that teens give when they are not satisfied with their body image are :
- Talk to their parents to take you to a doctor who can help ;
- Encourage the adolescent to practice physical exercise to feel good and to control weight ;
- Explain that it is normal for the body to have some changes during puberty and that these are a result of growth;
- Praise their qualities such as: dedication to studies, sense of humor, among others.