Created on November 14, 2023
More creations to inspire you
CEPOL ICU Mentoring Programme outcomes
Satisfaction rating of the particpants
Survey respondents described the programme as beneficial for their professional developemnt
Mentoring pairs per Project
Mentoring pairs matched since September 2022
Improvements as results of the Mentoring Programme
Ongoing mentoring pairs by Crime Areas
Smuggling of Migrants
HUN - JORHUN - PSE
ITA - TUN
Participants by Country
Outcomes of the Programme
The programme led to questioning our internal processes
- Extended professional network and international cooperation;
- Interconnections between organised crime and money laundering;
- Better understanding of terrorist organisations and their strategies;
- New practices in the field of countering terrorism and extremism;
- Better understanding of de-radicalisation strategies.
- Increased leadership skills;
- Dealing with STRs.
The feedback received during the review meeting of 6 - 7 September was overall very positive.
Stated benefits according to the participants
Stated benefits according to the organisations
- Establishing a concept of firearms focal points in the home country;
- Increased mentoring and leadership skills that benefit the organisation;
- Identification of investigator networks;
- Filling the gaps from an operational perspective
- Implementing best practices in investigations;
By using informal contacts, I was able to obtain the identification of a suspect
Help with Criminal investigations
Impact: Mentor quotes
I can pick up ideas todevelop in my country (e.g. community policing in the area of CT)
Nominations and application process:
Suggestions to improve the Programme
Reach a wider pool of participants;
Improve gender balance;
Framework of the programme: aligned mentoring cycle for all participants;
Support to mentors throughout the programme: preparation phase, equip mentors with skills;
Sustainability: coordination, alumni, decision makers;
Mentoring as an entry point to further opportunities for professional development.
Creating an alumni community supported by CEPOL and develop alternative types of mentoring.
Mentoring programme as an entry point to suggest institutional changes.