MAP OF THE UNIVERSE
Created on October 12, 2023
More creations to inspire you
6TH Grade Planetarium
How can we as NMS 6th Graders take the entire 6th grade to a planetarium and share our space knowledge with the community?
3. Paper Circut
2. Article - Scale of Universe
4. Coding a Microbit
5.CreaTING A MODEL
6. pLANETAIRUM pRESENTATION.
- Group of 4 kids
- Each kid has a specific job based on talents
- LED lights (all the same color)
- copper tape
- alligator clips
- Draw your chosen constellation on cardboard
- Poke holes in the cardboard where the starts are located
- insert LED lights into the holes
- create a paper circuit with copper tape
- code microbit
- connect microbit to copper tape with alligator clips
- Test final constellation
Work together in your group to write about your constellation. You can make a slide, a genially (like this one), Canva, or use any other site you can create a presentation on. Make sure to include pictures. Please include these slides:
- Mythology (Greek, Norse, Egyptian)
- Story behind the constellation
- Location in the night sky
- Where we see it in the night sky
- When we can see it
- What time during the year can we see it from the Northern Hemisphere?
- Reasons we use constellations still today
- List all the reasons we still use these today
We are going to make paper circuits.
I likeI'm thinking I wonderI know