Created on October 12, 2023
More creations to inspire you
Week of October 16
con | ven | tion | al
If something is considered conventional, it means it is widely accepted or believed by the majority of society.
Examples of CONVENTIONAL:
- wearing a white dress for a wedding
- singing the national anthem
de | fi | cien | cy
If something has a deficiency, it is missing a necessary quality or element it needs.
Examples of DEFICIENCY:
- not getting enough sleep
- not eating fruits and vegetables to get enough vitamins
- not having enough money in your bank account
sub | stan| tial
If something is considered substantial, it means it is large in size, value or importance.
Examples of SUBSTANTIAL:
- getting a new puppy and the substantial amount of time required to train a puppy
- the substantial amount of time and money needed to go to college
strin | gent
Stringent means strict, precise, or exact.
Examples of STRINGENT:
- rules for driving
- rules for a sport
back to beginning