Want to make creations as awesome as this one?

Transcript

Mali

Mali is a landlocked country located in South Africa. Mali's size is 1,240,192 square kilometers.

Languages

Mali is a multilingual country with over 80 languages spoken there with roughly 21% of people speaking french.

Culture

Most Malians wear flowing, colorful robes, that are typical of West Africa.

Religion

95% of the population are Muslim, with the remaining 5 percent of Malians adhere to traditional African religions

Food

Maafe is a traditional peanut butter soup they make

population

The population of Mali is 21.9 million

Mali History

The Mali Empire was a powerful West African empire that existed from the 13th to the 17th century. It was located in what is now Mali, Senegal, Gambia, Guinea and Mauritania. The empire was founded by Sundiata Keita, a legendary warrior king, in 1230.

Mali is home to a famous pyramidand the world’s largest mud-brick building.Mali Used to Be One of the World's Richest Nations.Bamako is the capital of Mali.

Facts about Mali

Thanks for listening