MKDONS sports day - movie monday
Created on September 30, 2023
"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." Muhammad Ali, Olympic light heavyweight champion, Rome 1960
MK DONS SPORTS DAY 2023
- Scholars to work together to plan, prepare and host Sports day
- 24TH OCTOBER - Half term week
- All U8s + players invited
- Academy staff on hand to support
SPORTS DAY 2023
As a group, discuss and brains storm what events could be on offer. The more the better! You could go traditional or think football based games Consider the facilities and equipment already available.
What events are going to be on offer?
OUR COORDINATORS ARE :
- Decide on team names/colours (x4)
- Discuss best way to scoring approach
- Assign academy staff to events
- Place everyone into teams!
"A person whose job is to organize events or activities and to negotiate with others in order to ensure they work together effectively."
1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each event + overall team winners
Set the schedual for the day, ensure events run to time and overall supervision/managament
Time keeping and logistics
Create a system to track, collect and monitor scores
- 2x 1st years + 2x 2nd years per group
- Identify equipment required
- If anything else is required, discuss how this will be sourced
- Compose a set of rules/instruction
- Assign roles and responsibilites before and during sports day
After the event, you will collaborate to put together a presentation for the academy staff. You will discuss your roles, responsibiities, successes and setbacks.
After the event, you will be required to reflect on your leadership and organisation through the SEP communications presentation module.
"If you fail to prepare, you're prepared to fail." Mark Spitz, American Swimmer, Nine-Time Olympic Gold Medallist