Art at Hazel
Created on September 24, 2023
More creations to inspire you
artsmark at hazel
At school, we receive phone calls about children from Operation Compass. What does this mean?
- Creative Quality Standard for schools (both primary and secondary), accredited by Arts Council England.
- Enables settings to develop and celebrate their commitment to the arts and cultural education of children and young people.
- Helps schools to embed arts, culture and creativity, which in turn supports a broad, balanced and ambitious curriculum and stregthens progression.
Our Big Ambition:
for evey child at Hazel to be able to express themselves through the arts.
What has already happened?
Year 1 Collage Project with artist Steph Coley
Year 1 Collage Project
- Through Arts Award, Year 1 got involved in creative activities
- Explored the arts around them and investigated different art forms
- Researched an artist (Peter Clark)
- Worked collaboratively with a local artist (Steph Coley). The children learnt about collage techniques and produced a final piece in the style of Peter Clark.
- Shared their discoveries
Year 3 Photography and Spoken Word Project
Year 3 making cyanotypes and writing and performing a poem about nature with Dean Lievers and Shay Sharma.
Year 4: working with Whissendine Primary School (Rutland) on 'My World Needs a Plaster: A Collaborative Cardboard Creation.'
Year 4 worked collabortaively and created a performance based on 'The Tale of a Toothbrush.'
Francophone Art Week (October)
Children explored the life and work of a French speaking artist and used their work as inspiration for their own pieces.
Creativity Council for KS2
- Years 3-6
- 2 children per year group - talented in the arts and will benefit from the leadership opportunity
- Table ideas for creative projects in school
- Please choose a child from your class and email me their names by Monday
- 'A Trail of Giant Sequins' (Art Reach):
Creativity Council for KS2
'A Trail of Giant Sequins' (Art Reach):
- Design and create their own giant sequins
- For 3 weeks, 10 windows in Leicester’s city centre will be decorated with the Giant Sequins and an interactive trail will allow people to learn tips and tricks for future re-using, upcycling, or recycling of textile materials.
What areas will we be developing moving into 2023-24?
- Reviewing and adapting of Art planning to ensure better progression over time.
- Artists coming into school to work with children.
- More chances for pupils to access cultural establishments such as exhbitions and galleries.
- More creative projects for the school.
- Offers a Primary Art Curriculum - provids ideas, imspiration and guidance on art
- Updated MTPs for some units in each year group - please check before teaching art. Some art units have been replaced with AccessArt units.
- Has resources and videos to support
- 1 login per year group
Evidencing the Arts
- Write LO into sketch book. Tick the LO if it has been met.
- Make sure the whole learning sequenced is evidenced. If the final piece is unavailable, take a picture to stick into sketch book.
- Take photos, tweet on Twitter and please tag me.