Created on September 11, 2023
More creations to inspire you
Assessment Workshop 1
Today's session is to look at why and how we do assessments. Before we go any further I want to think about why we do assessments?So in pairs I want you to discuss the following questions
- Why do we do assessments?
- What type of assessments have you done in the past?
- What do you think the purpose of 'Assessment workshops' is?
Opener - think, pair, share
Assessment workshops are here to support you in your assessments
- knowledge and skills to complete your assessments sucessfully
- scaffold towards them
- Oppurtunities for tutor and peer feedback
- One important skill for being sucessful in assessments is planning,
- Below is a document which will help you in planning for all your assessments (not just for this module)
For this you will need
- The assessment checklist - available below
- To know where to find your assessment briefs!
- Using the Assessment brief fill in the checklist for your first assessment
- You have a maximum of 15 minutes
- When completed check with your tutor
- If you complete sucessfully - identify the key steps you think you'll need to take to complete your assessment
- Using either a timescale (week by week plan) plot out these key steps over the next 11 weeks.