What is literature?
Created on September 8, 2023
More creations to inspire you
(and what's not)
Meet the three fundamental elements
Virginia Woolf, English author (1882-1941)
Salman Rushdie, Indian-British author (1947)
- Creator and master of the text
- Expresses their interests and opinions in their text (in one way or another)
- Enjoys freedom of thought and expression (unique style)
- Can decide where they stand on...
Who is the author?
- Informed reader
- Conflicted (also unpopular) ideas
- True to oneself
- Mass reader
- Easy formulas
It comes from textus, (fabric): it's a series of scenes (or chapters) constituted by actions that take place (or not) and end in a positive or negative way according to the characters' point of view.
What characters think and do is mostly the response to the conflict between various themes in the text such as love, friendship, betrayal, hate, racism, family, journey, etc.Such response is shaped in phrases, monologues, messages, dialogues, social media posts, etc. .