Data Visualization Dashboards - Part 3
Created on July 5, 2023
Node-RED is an open-source flow-based programming tool designed for wiring together hardware devices, APIs, and online services. It provides a visual programming interface that allows users to create and deploy applications by connecting pre-built nodes, which represent individual tasks or functions, using a drag-and-drop approach.
- Ensure that you have Node.js installed on your system.
- Open a command prompt or terminal.
- Execute the command npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red to install Node-RED globally.
- Wait for the installation to complete. It may take a few minutes.
- Once installed, run the command node-red to start the Node-RED server.
- Access Node-RED by opening a web browser and navigating to http://localhost:1880.
- You should see the Node-RED visual interface in your browser, indicating a successful installation.
How to install node-red
Most relevant features
Free / Open-source
Active community and integration ecosystem
Can run locally or on cloud
3rd party Integrations
Nodes developed by 3rd party developers that add different UI widgets, integrations with proprietary IoT devices or communication protocols
Nodes that come with the default installation of node-red
‘Node-Red : Empowering you to wire the world with creativity’
monitor performance, and foster collaboration, ultimately driving success and informed action in various domains.
Dashboards serve as powerful tools for data-driven decision-making, enabling users to gain valuable insights,