Created on May 21, 2023
How did this immigrant woman find her place in American society?
What she brought to the country
What she did, where did she end up?
Where did she come from, why did she leave her country?
How she evolved as an immigrant woman
- Born in Prague, in Czécoslovaquia
- Her parents convert to Catholicism
- First immigration at 2 years : escape Nazism
- Second immigration at 11 years : escape the communist regime
1. Her origins
- Studying in Switzerland Graduated in political science
- Go to Columbia University Obtained a doctorate in public law
- Became an American citizen in 1957
2. Her evolution
3. What she brought to the country ?
Entered the White House, on the National Security Council
Did the same with Michael Dukakis
Taught international affairs at Georgetown University
Became advisor for Géraldine Ferraro
Become American ambassador to the United Nations
Became American secretary of States