Want to make creations as awesome as this one?
Created on May 17, 2023
More creations to inspire you
POWER OF GOD'S WORD
What did He show you?
What did it mean?What should you do?
What Did God Say To YOU This Week?
- God said, 'Let there be light' and there was light.
- God speaks to us through scripture
- God spoke directly with Abraham, Moses, Elijah
- Scripture teaches us that God also speaks through the circumstances we encounter: “All things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.”
Power of Words
What power do words have in our lives?True word of God has Power!
The word of God has the power to reveal to us certain things that we could not know in any other way.
1. POWER TO REVEAL — GENESIS 1-2
What is revealed in Acts 2
- Holy Spirit was REVEALED on the day of Pentecost.
- Joel 2:28 reveals “That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh.
- John 16:17 "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.
God's word is a standard against which all philosophies, ideas, and proposed solutions for the human condition can be measured for accuracy.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness
2. POWER TO REFUTE — 2 TIMOTHY 3:16
What was REFUTED in Acts 2
- The crowd is confused and say, "They must be drunk."
- Peter uses the word to refute them. Joel 2:28
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness
3. POWER TO REPROVE Correct usually gently or with kindly intent
What is REPROVED in Acts 2
Peter speaks to the crowd
Acts 22- 35
Jesus said that the word of God was like a seed.LUKE 8:11
4. POWER TO REPRODUCE
What was REPRODUCEDin Acts 2
40 He went on in this vein for a long time, urging them over and over, “Get out while you can; get out of this sick and stupid culture!”41-42 That day about three thousand took him at his word, were baptized and were signed up. They committed themselves to the teaching of the apostles, the life together, the common meal, and the prayers.
What Reproduced in Acts 2