Want to make creations as awesome as this one?
Assessment in PBL
Created on May 5, 2023
More creations to inspire you
Planning for assessment in PBL
- Consider which core concepts or learning goals are needed to answer the driving question (you might start with the learning goals instead and then craft the question from them)
- As you project plan, create opportunities for students to do, say, and produce artifacts of learning that you can use to assess those core concepts
- Design intentional opportunities for students to reflect, self-assess, and revise as well as present those artifacts to public audiences.
Need some help to spur your thinking + planning?
- Ask yourself: When can students' ideas be tested to provoke reflection and revision, and to deepen understanding?
- Ask yourself: What do clear success criteria look like for students to demonstrate core concepts and skills?