Created on May 4, 2023
More creations to inspire you
what’s the topic of today’s lesson?
WHAT IS A SUPERSTITION?
Discussion Questions on Superstitions
- Do you think some things are good luck? What?
- Are there any unlucky numbers in your country? What are they?
- Do you believe in any superstitions? What are they?
- Do you have any good luck charms?
1. Why were umbrellas so dangerous?2. According to Romans, what happened every seven years?3. Does the writer believe in the ‘broken mirror’ superstition? Why / Why not?4. How are the words ‘four’ and ‘death’ related in Chinese?
Complete these sentences with your own ideas.1. It’s minus five degrees outside! If you don’t wear a warmer jacket,________2. Hurry up! If we don’t leave soon, ________.3. Watch out! If you walk under that ladder,_____ .4. That meat is really undercooked. If you eat it,____ .5. Don’t press that button! If you do,_________ .6. If I get time today,____________
- What number is missing on the panel?
- What kind of buildings will not have this floor number?
- What day is really unlucky in America?
- What number is very lucky in America?
- What is a lucky number in China?
- What year did China host the Olympics?
- What month did the Olympics start?
- Is finding a penny good luck or bad luck?
Make a list of superstitions either from your own country or from another country. You may need to use the internet for research.