Created on May 4, 2023
More creations to inspire you
Homework Grading Guidance
Systems Engineering for Space
Questions & Instructor Support
- Modules run Midnight Friday to Midnight Monday (Eastern time) of the following week (i.e.,10 days)
- Homework Assignments, Quizzes, Discussion Posts, and Project Deliverables are due at Midnight EST the following Monday evening (10 days after module opening). This provides the flexibility of having 2 weekends to complete each module, including all day Sunday, no matter your time zone, with an office hour session in between.
- Solution Sets will be released 48 Hours after the initial assignment due date.
- For specific due dates, please review the Course Outline or the calendar on Canvas.
- With the goal of providing flexibility for students with unusual work or personal commitments, each student will be allowed to submit two (2) assignments up to 48 hours late with no late penalty applied. Prior notification to the instructors is not required.
- Any assignment not submitted within 48 hours of the time it is due will receive a zero.
- After 2 late submissions, all future submissions must be on time or the student will receive a zero.
- Exceptions: Exceptions to the Late Policy may be allowed in certain situations on a case-by-case basis. Students must request pre-approval from the instructors in advance via email.
Questions & Instructor Support
- You can post general questions about the Homework Assignments in the specific Homework # Q&A forum in Canvas.
- You can post questions you wish to have addressed during office hours to the Office Hours - Requested Topics board.
- You can post general questions about the Team Project in the General Team Project Q&A Forum.
- For questions related to a specific Team Project Interim Deliverable, you can post in the corresponding Interim Deliverable Q&A Forum.
- If you have any questions about the content or technical aspects of the Homework Assignments or solutions, you should reach out to the instructors Will Devereux (firstname.lastname@example.org), Richard Anderson (email@example.com), or Alexa Valdez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you have any questions about submission logistics or the actual grading of your homework assignment please reach out to Alexa Valdez (email@example.com).
- Start early – give yourself and the instructors more time for questions and feedback.
- Review the Homework # Q&A discussion forums – Other students might have similar questions or provide insights useful to you. The instructors will also engage in the discussion forums to provide guidance and clarification.
- Attend Office Hours – Office Hours is your time to ask the instructors questions and engage with your peers. If you are unable to attend, a recording will be available.
- Always submit something – partial credit is far better than no credit.
- Read the solution set – find out where errors were made and learn how to improve for the future. You might also find helpful information for your current assignment in a previous solution set.
- Scoring and feedback for individual assignments and weekly Team Project Deliverables will typically be released the Saturday following the due date.
- In the Course Navigation, click the Grades link. Locate and click on the assignment of interest.
- All assignments/project deliverables for this course include rubrics. Your grader/instructor may leave comments directly in the rubric. The Show Rubric link displays an indicator if comments have been added in the rubric.
- The View Feedback link displays an indicator if annotations/annotated comments have been added directly within your assignment.
- Any additional grader/instructor comments added to your submission, as well as any comments added by you, will appear in the Comments portion of the sidebar.
- We encourage students to read the provided feedback, and review the solution set each week.
- Please ensure that all submissions are in PDF format, unless a template of another format is provided.
- Each submission should include a Cover Page with Your Name, Course number and name, Assignment number and title, and the date of submission.
- If submitting multiple attachments, please do not submit a Zip file. Canvas allows you to submit multiple attachments to a submission.
- Messages included with your Canvas submission are only seen by the grader, not the main course instructors.