Want to make creations as awesome as this one?
DYNAMIC UNIVERSITY THESIS
Created on August 24, 2022
More creations to inspire you
Welcome Class of 2026!
Kingston High School
9th Grade Orientation
Our Support Team
Every student who begins at KHS during the 2022-2023 school year, as a freshman, is assigned to our support team. This team will remain with students until graduation.
Mr. DeCicco Principal
Ms. Montano Vice Principal
Ms. Molinaro Assistant Principal
Ms. Reposa Secretary to AP
Mr. Ricketson School Counselor (A-K)
Ms. Lacy School Counselor (L-Z)
Ms. Vazquez Bi-lingual School Counselor
Ms. Pece Guidance Secretary
Mr. Hart Psychologist
Ms. Rathjen Social Worker
Ms. Rosario Bi-lingual Social Worker
Ms. Rojas Bi-lingual Family Worker
Mr. Coffey Attendance Dean
Mr. Parker Coordinator of Prevention & SafetyOfficer Dawson School Resource Officer
Officer Pedersen School Resource Officer
Ms. Quick School Nurse
Ms. Gallo School Nurse
Ms. Studt School Nurse
Cubilia luctus tellus nec hac erat at inceptos senectus nunc grvida enim, tristique sociosqu vehicula conubia
PBIS - Keys to Success
Attendance affects everything!
- Excellent student attendance is a crucial indicator of student success.
- Students are expected to have a 90% or better attendance rate in all classes.
- Attendance is taken each period and recorded.
- Be sure to send in notes for being absent, late, or excused to the attendance office (located on 1st floor of Salzmann Main) in the morning.
- There will be a modified bell schedule the 1st week. Information can be found on our website.
- A Partnering for Success sign-off packet will be sent home the 1st or 2nd day of school and it MUST be returned by the following Friday.
- All students will receive a free/reduced lunch packet. This should be filled out ASAP regardless of income. This impacts not only meals, but also field trips, credentials, and exam fees.
- Student handbooks and planners will be received during English classes.
KHS Bell Schedule
Typical 9th Grade Schedule
All 9th graders will receive a locker!
Importance of Freshmen Year
- Data shows, the transition from middle school to high school is the most challenging transition a student will experience.
- If a 9th grade student is successful Freshman year, chances are much higher she/he will successfully complete high school.
- This is a fresh start. A time to learn more about yourself, navigate friendships, and set goals for the future.
Students must pass a Regents Exam in all of the following cateorgies to obtain a Regents Diploma:
KCSD has purchased Chromebooks for each student. CBs will stay with you for your 4 years at KHS!
- 1:1 Chromebook student ratio
- Paperwork must be completed by a guradian to receive your CB!
- Bring your Chromebook daily! Teachers will have assignments posted within your CB.
- Maintain a charge!
- Respect your CB!
Sign up for KHS text & email notifications!
Identification (id) Badges
- Students will receive an ID badge with their schedule. They are color-coded by cohort. You must have an ID to gain entry to KHS during the school year. This will be checked upon entrance to the cafeteria as well.
- All KHS students and staff are required to display an ID between their neck and waist during the school day.
- Replacement IDs are available to the safety office for a nominal fee.
Jefferson Code of Conduct:
Consists of four levels of increasing range of outcomes for specific behaviors. This is posted in every classroom, AP office, agenda planner, and within our student handbook.
We look forward to seeing you September 7th.
Please be sure to reach out with any questions or concerns!