4th Grade Meet The Teacher
Tamara Pinson [FCE]
Created on July 31, 2022
4th Grade Meet the Teacher
Fall Creek Elementary
Meet Your Teacher
School Supply List
Hello! I'm Mrs. Pinson and a Math/Science Teacher here at FCE. This is my 11th year in education and my 5th year at FCE. My goal is to help students develop an understanding of math and have fun in the process. I look forward to an amazing year!
My name is Ms. Garnett and I will be your child’s math and science teacher this year. This will be my 8th year in education and my 1st year at FCE. I am so excited to embark on this new learning journey together!
My name is Mrs. Barrett. I teach RELA and Social Studies. I graduated from University of Houston with a degree in English Literature and Creative Writing. Soon after, I got my teaching certificate and have truly enjoyed passing along my love for reading and writing to other students.
I am Mary Nieto and I will be your child's Math and Science Teacher
Hello! I am excited to join the FCE family and to help 4th graders grow as consumers of literacy. For the last six years I have taught 5th grade ELAR in Killeen ISD and Spring ISD
Students may bring a healthy snack to eat during the morning. (Fruit/Vegetable ~ No liquids please)
- Forgotten items will need to be dropped off with the front office staff.
- Please make sure to write the student’s name and room number on their items.
- Send the teacher an email letting them know you left an item for your child on the table.
Scan the QR to access and pay the 4th grade activity fee.
- Students are expected to know their multiplication facts when they enter 4th grade.
- Students will enhance their problem-solving and critical thinking skills in each mathematical area.
- Students will continue to use the resources available to them, such as manipulatives, in order to help develop and reinforce each skill.
- Students will grow and develop their skills and understanding in areas such as:
- Measurement, probability & statistics, geometry, logic, patterns, and number concepts.
- Students will begin to focus deeper on reading to learn, not just learning to read.
- Students will spend much time developing reading strategies to use before, during, and after reading that will aid in comprehension.
- Nightly reading, for at least 20 minutes or more, is imperative for growth in both Reading and Writing.
Writing & Grammar
- Students will develop proofreading skills.
- Correct use of punctuation, capitalization, and sentence structure will be taught and reinforced.
- Students will learn the parts of speech through writing.
- Correct use of specific nouns, adjectives, and verbs encourage clear, concise communication.
- Students will utilize the writing process through various genres.
- Students are expected to have neat and legible handwriting on all assignments.
- Writing will take place in all subject areas.
- Students are expected to be proficient in the writing process by the end of 4th grade.
- Plan, Rough Draft, Revise, Edit, Publish Final Copy
- Students will be expected to use correct grammar and mechanics in all subject areas.
- Daily and weekly reinforcement of these areas at home will help contribute to the overall success of the students.