Created on May 29, 2022
More creations to inspire you
- Founded in the year 1870 in Manhattan
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art is a living legend as it contains a wide range of artwork
-Its the largest museum in the western Hemisphere.
1. The Metropolitan Museum of Art was founded in 1870 by a group of American citizens – businessmen and financiers as well as leading artists and thinkers of the day – who wanted to create a museum to bring art and art education to the American people.
2. The first object was acquired on 20th november 1871
3. “Bridge over a Pond of Water Lilies” (1899), done by Claude Monet, is the most famous art of the metroplitan museum
Things to see
- ‘The Death of Socrates’ an art which represents the death of socrates and the sadness of his comrades
-‘Young Mother Sewing’
the viewer makes eye contact with a young child perched on her mother’s knee as she sews.