the catcher in the rye
Created on May 12, 2022
More creations to inspire you
THE CATCHER IN THE RYE
-time: a long weekend in the late 1940 or early 1950s
-17 years old
- student in Pencey Prep
- mentally unstable
go partying in club in new york
go feed some ducks at central park
Phoebe Caulfield Mr Antolini
least favourite character
When Holden takes Phoebe to the zoo, and she sees the carousel was open during the winter, Phoebe asks:"aren't you gonna ride too?". Holden sits this ride out, signifying his want.
EXTRACTS WE ENJOYED THE MOST
Maurice hits Holden because, Sunny the prostitute asks for more money than that was originally agreed, Maurice comes up to his room and beats him up to get the money.
Extracts we didn't enjoy
-Holden wants to connect with other people on an adult level, while a part of him wants to reject the adult world as "phony"
Moral or message
- not important events and twist
- complicated to finish, to follow the story and to really get into it
- a bit boring at some points
- for people who can identify with Holden
- for teenagers who are scared to grow up
- people who are questionning about their future
In link with what we said:
"I could probably tell you what I did after I went home and how I got sick and all"
-more than 60 million of copies