Rock Lee 09
Created on April 30, 2022
More creations to inspire you
1. Who was Malcolm X ?-His biography
- Born on May 19, 1925 in Omaha, Nebreska
- His father Earl Little was an outspoken supporter of Black Nationalism
- Malcolm´s family was terrorized and attacked by white supremacists
- Moved to Boston in 1941
- 1946: Malcolm was sentenced to ten years in prision- because of burglary
- 1952: marriage with Betty Shabazz
- 1952: Coverted to the Nation of Islam
- On February 21, 1965 Malcolm X was murdered in New York City
The role of Malcolm X was an African American leader in the civil rights movement, minister and supporter of black nationalism. He urged his fellow black Americans to protect themselves against white aggression “by any means necessary,” however, this approach often brought him into conflict witch the teachings of Martin Luther King, Jr.
3.Malcolm X and The Nation of Islam
Malcolm X began in the early 1960s to work with the help from Alex Haley on his autobiography. The autobiography of Malcolm X chronicled his life and views on race, religion and black nationalism. It was published in 1965 and became a bestseller.
In prison, Malcolm X first encountered the teachings of Elijah Muhammad, leader of the Lost-Found Nation of Islam, a black nationalist group that called whites devils. As a sign of rejection, Malcolm adopted the surname "X" to put an end to his "slave name".