Created on April 25, 2022
More creations to inspire you
We are all in this together
By Azhar Awad, Haya Dabbah, Margarethe Lehmann, Moritz Netzer, Rachel Bar
- What do the people have in common?
- Can you see similarities or differences?
- What were your first thoughts on the pictures?
Think about these questions:
1. Please click on the button and read through
the words and their explanations.
pictures and match the correct answer.
An amputation is the surgical removal of part of the body, such as an arm or leg.
Compassion means we care about others, treat them with kindness, and feel a strong desire to help people in need.
A disability is a physical or mental problem that makes it difficult or impossible for a person to walk, see, hear, speak, learn, or do other important things.
Cooperate with people to do tasks.
A limitation is something that holds you back, like a broken leg.
A chair with wheels used especially by sick, injured, or disabled people.
to be mute
A person who cannot or does not speak.
to be deaf
A person who is deaf either has trouble hearing or cannot hear at all.
to be blind
A person who is not able to see.
3. Comprehension Task
- PBS KIDS. (n.d.). Character: Compassion at Age 6 | Milestones. PBS KIDS for Parents. Retrieved May 16, 2022, from https://www.pbs.org/parents/learn-grow/age-6/character/compassion
- NHS website. (2022, March 8). Amputation. Nhs.Uk. Retrieved May 16, 2022, from https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/amputation/
- Britannica Kids. (n.d.). disability. Retrieved May 16, 2022, from https://kids.britannica.com/kids/article/disability/390729
- Vocabulary.com. (n.d.). Limitation - Definition, Meaning & Synonyms. Retrieved May 16, 2022, from https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/limitationAcademic. (n.d.). wheel·chair.
- Academic Dictionaries and Encyclopedias. Retrieved May 16, 2022, from https://useful_english.en-academic.com/630212/wheel%C2%B7chair
- Britannica Kids. (n.d.-a). deafness. Retrieved May 16, 2022, from https://kids.britannica.com/kids/article/deafness/390723
- The Present. (2016, 7. Februar). The Present - OFFICIAL. YouTube. Abgerufen am 28. Mai 2022, von https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjqiU5FgsYc
- DisneyMusicVEVO. (2019, 23. August). High School Musical Cast - We’re All In This Together (From „High School Musical“). YouTube. Abgerufen am 28. Mai 2022, von https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DykVJl6wr_4