Want to make creations as awesome as this one?
Created on April 8, 2022
More creations to inspire you
UNICEF | for every child
a presentation by Annika Lena Sührig
- general facts
- aims and structure
- special activity
- name: United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund
- founded : 11. December 1946 -> United Nations Children's Fund
- was founded by Ludwik Rajchman
- present leadership : Henrietta H. Fore (since 2018)
- main seat: New York
- Non-profit organisation
- awards : Nobel Peace Prize
an organisation that works towards a goal perceived as meaningful by society, without pursuing a profit motive
- 1946: foundation --> after the 2nd World War
- 1949: publication of the first UNICEF greeting card
- 1953: foundation of the
- 1959: The Declaration on the Rights of the Child was adopted by the UN
- 1965: Award of the Nobel Peace Prize to UNICEF
- 1989: Approval of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- 1990: UNICEF organises the first World Summit for Children in New York
- 2000: The Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) are adopted by 2015
- 2015: Adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals 2030 (SDGs)
- Since 2020: Covid 19 pandemic, UNICEF supports the largest vaccination campaign worldwide ever
aims and structure
- children rights and child protection
--> nutrition, health, education, emergency aid, water and sanitation
What are their aims?
- international organisation (190 countries)
- organisation belongs to United Nations
- donations through the purchase of greeting cards
- famous goodwill Ambassador for Unicef
- members: 13.000
aims and structure
Celebrities for UNICEF
- David Beckham
- Orlando Bloom
- Selena Gomez
- Udo Lindenberg
- Mats Hummels
- Angelina Jolie
- Robbie Williams
- Audrey Hepburn
- Lilly Singh
- Liam Neeson
- Dua Lipa
- Millie Bobby Brown
Ukraine war: UNICEF mission
Why does UNICEF need to help?
- buildings are destroyed
- destroyed infrastructure ( no electricity, no groceries and no sanitation)
what is UNICEF doing right now?
- support fled children arriving at Ukraine's external borders
- deliver relief supplies (medicine, blankets, winter clothes, first aid kits, hygiene items, etc.)
- offer psychological help for children
- help the children and give them a perspective
- Do I like it?
- Do I like the way they do it?
- Would I ask them for help?
- Would I like to be a member or supporter?