AMC 7 - 12 ANGRY MEN
Created on April 4, 2022
- Give as many elements as possible on the places (=where?)
- Say what impressions are conveyed by the camera filming the building.
- Comment on the different characters (=who?)
- Give elements on the moment of the trial (=when?)
- Explain the case : what is at stake?
- Observe the judge's attitude: how does he act during the scene?
- Report on the camera movements and the music used during this film opening scene.
Watch the beginning of the film (00.00 to 03.04) and give the following elements:
- What important instructions does the judge give to the jurors as they depart to deliberate on the case?
- What is the weather like? What effect does it produce?
- What is the guard's role? What for?
- You can hear the word 'foreman'. What do you think it means?
- What does the foreman suggest they do?
- Why are they eager (=impatient) to start?
- Why are there only men in the room? What does it tell of the 1950's American society?
- Give details about the accused and the victim.
- What is the result of the preliminary vote?
- What are the consequences?
- What are the reasons for Juror 8's vote?
- What do we know about the jurors?
Copy the completed text in your copybook.
Video 1 : list the 4 steps to change someone's mind.
Video 2 : name the 8 different tips for a successful debate.
Video 3: what game is debating compared to? what pieces of advice are given?
Video 4: expose why it is sometimes useful to 'build a bridge' during a debate.
Video 5: name the reasons why we may change our minds when debating.