Frida Kahlo PRESENTATION
Created on March 30, 2022
1. Her Biography
2. Her Achievements
3. The Stereotypes she broke
4. Why Frida Kahlo is inspirational?
- Birth name: Magdalena Frida Carmen Kahlo Calderón
- Birth: July 6, 1907 in Coyoacán, Mexico
- Death : July 13, 1954
- Nationality: Mexican
- Main activity: Artist painter
- Husband: Diego Rivera
It was she who received the National Prize of Arts and Sciences from the Ministry of Public Education in 1946.
A work she created was her self-portrait, ''Self Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird''.
1. She challenged gender stereotypes.
The stereotypes she broke
Why Frida Kahlo is inspirational?
The standards she sets for herself are her own. Society used to devalue and label as unfeminine and ugly the characteristics it valued. She was therefore a feminist. Frida also dressed in a particular way that was very different from the daily dress of Mexican women at that time.