Antonia F. M.
Created on March 20, 2022
More creations to inspire you
‘To be, or not to be: that is the question’
about himselfe and his life
“We know what we are, but know not what we may be.”
“Nothing can come of nothing.”
"Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier."
“All that glisters is not gold.”
"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."
"Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about"
"If music be the food of love play on."
1) Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Write an analysis
- main part (stylistic devices!)
- final part
- first quatrain: what does love not mean
- second quatrain what does love mean
- change from a cross rhyme into a pair rhyme
- “love is not love” (l.2)
- personification of love (l.6f.)
- adverbs (l.9)
- metaphor (l.10)
- line 13: summary/statement
- sonnet 116
- William Shakespeare
- definition of love
- what is love and what is not
- jambus: emotional atmosphere
- 14 lines
- three quartett:
- couplet in the final two lines:
- explains the definition of love
- love is the signpost for every human no matter how long it takes to realize that love is a part of his life
- stylistic divices
Why do you think, Shakespeares themes are still actual?
regarding to today
- people do not try to keep their relationship
- as soon as it gets difficult, they split up
- literature like this might be the explanation and the anchor for relationships
- love is alway an actual theme