Created on March 10, 2022
What is Media
Role of Media
Differnt types of media
Pro and Con
WHat is media
- Media includes every broadcasting and narrowcasting Medium such as newspaper, magazines, TV, radio, telephones and Internet
- The role of Media is to inform, educate, entertain, influence people
- Today we got most of our Informations through a complex system of media technologies.
- Low cost: Radio advertisements are typically cheaper than television ads.
- Flexibility: Advertisers can target listeners based on time, geographic location, channel and program.
- Vast coverage: Radio programming has millions of listeners nationwide.
- Ability to reach low-income audiences: Many populations that may not have access to other mediums usually have radio access.
Disadvantages radio :
- Channel changing or fast-forwarding: Listeners may not pay attention to your ad.
- No visual elements: Relying only on audio content may diminish listener retention and response.
Explanation : online media means the dissemination of Records and/or Videos by downloads or streams over the internet or any other electronic or online form of distribution now known or yet to be discovered or inventedincluding without limitation dissemination to mobile telephones and other devices.
- Digital media is always up to data
- Digital media is engaging
- Creativity is one of the main advantages of Digital Media
- Disconnected from the natural world
- Not Long Lasting
Explanation : describes the traditional forms of media that include television and radio. That means that it is transmitted as a signal and in 99% of cases this is referring either to television or to radio.
Advantages Tv :
- High viewership rates: Millions of viewers watch popular television shows or live events, like sports or the news.
- Flexibility: Television advertising allows for creative, emotional or shocking methods for gaining viewer attention.
- Educational channels.
- Family bonding.
Disadvantages Tv :
- Television can make you lazy.
- Violence & illicit content.
- Health Hazards.
- Channel changing or fast-forwarding: Viewers have the option to skip to another Channel.
- Limited viewer attention: Viewers may experience distractions that prevent them from paying attention to your ad.
Explanation : refers to paper publications circulated in the form of physical editions of books, magazines, journals and newsletters. Print media is given explicit freedom in the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights.
- Magazines are always popular among consumers and are often read by them for a particular period of time in a month.
- Print media is an easy medium to spread awareness to any particular geographical area.
- Some forms of the print media have huge and trusted followers.
- If you are targeting the global audience, then this is not the medium you should go for. Instead, the internet has a much wider reach than print media in this.
- Placing an advertisement in print media requires a lot of planning and time. In this case, you are faced with flexibility problem, particularly when you work in tight deadlines.
Social media affecting ouR social thought
Increasing trust with Stranges
Social media affecting our social behavior
Pros and Cons
- You know whats going on in the world
- freedom of expression
- You can earn money via Social Media
- You can learn a lot on Social Media
- Fake news are threading societies around the world
- Cyber mobbing
- Social pressure and loss of reality
- Can Control emotions without us knowing it
- user- generated content ( blogs, wiki, tweets)
- crowdsourcing ( using an online community to get informations)
- viral marketing (encurage consumers to share informations online)
- convert advertising