Want to make creations as awesome as this one?
Created on March 9, 2022
Cooper Clay from the novel "One of us is lying"
More creations to inspire you
Mississippi => Bayview
5 years ago
- Father: Kevin Clay, ambitious, puts pressure on Cooper, doesn't get along with Coopers sexual orientation
- Mother: Mrs. Clay
- Brother: Lucas, 12y
- Grandmother: person of trust for C.
- Was Cooper's friend once
- Became a fake-friend
- embarassed that Cooper is gay
- jealous regarding Cooper's baseball-skills
- Good friendship throughout the whole book
- Friendship gets closer and more important
- Cooper trusts her
- Stays by her side when she loses her friends
- best friend
- also in school baseball team
- true friend
- always kept supporting Cooper
- spend a lot of time together (e.g. at the gym)
- First half: Coopers girlfriend
- Second half: ex-girlfriend
- Cooper broke up due to his relationship with Kris
- very supportive
- German underwear model
- Coopers boyfriend (secret during first half of the book)
- he makes him smile
- Cooper feels like a real person around him
- supportive and trustworthy
- kind, caring, mindful
- passionate, ambitious
- sports-loving and talented
- accepts others/ doesn't judge
- afraid of being himself
- afraid of others' opinions
- on the baseball team
- sports star
- legend since middle school
- Homecoming king
- priority is baseball not homework/school
- scouted by many colleges
- admired by others
Dreams, aims, wishes
- playing college football
- being accepted and loved by his father
- being accepted as a gay baseball player
- getting along with his sexual orientation
- Was very shy and secretive about his sexual orientation.
- Lied about his baseball skills to make others think he improved very quickly.
- Became much more open over time.
- Started expressing his sexual orientation in public without fearing to be judged by others.
- Realized that it's important to live an honest, authentic and open life
Opinions about him
- like a brother
- brave and calming
- protects him
Jake, Bronwyn and Nate
- talent god-given
- people are willing to defend him
Coopers opinion about others
- respectful and friendly
- accepts everyone and does not judge
- protective of friends
- appreciates friends and family
- Page 171: "And Cooper, who's defended me at school even though there's no real friendship between us."
- Page 209: "My life isn't mine anymore."
- Page 230:"I'm not ashamed of Chris. I'm not. But it's complicated."
- Page 259: "You losers seriously give a crap about this? Get a life."