LET'S GO TO IRELAND
Created on March 5, 2022
the emerald isle
The area of the island is 84,421 km², between the Irish Sea and the Atlantic Ocean.
WHERE IS THIS AMAZING COUNTRY ?
WHY IS IRELAND TWO COUNTRIES ?
HOW GOOD IS IRELAND TO TRAVEL ?
- beautiful moutains
The Civil Rights movement
During the 12th century, England started colonize Ireland.
In 1916, the Irish nationalists rebelled against the British governement and after a civil war, Ireland split into two countries in 1922 with The Republic of Ireland (independant) and the Nothern Ireland (part of the United Kingdom).
In 1998, they officially ended with the Good Friday Agreement and now the Island is peacefull.
In 1967, the Civil Rights movement started to end discrimination against Catholic minority in Nothern Ireland. There were often marches for Civil Rights. In 1968, the Troubles started with bombings, kilings and street fights because some people wanted Nothern Ireland to be united with The Republic of Ireland and others wanted to remain in the UK.
- and sandy beaches
The Easter Rising (1916)
The Irish folklore is very important to the people.
- Halloween has an Irish origin.
- But also evry 17th of March, Saint Patrick , the Patron saint of Ireland and the leprechaun are celebrated around the world.
- The GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association) is a popular association in Ireland for all ages and founded in 1884. It pronotes traditionnal Irish culture and sports like Gaelic football and hurling.
- In a pub, many people meet to eat, drink, dance, sing and tell stories.
- The famous Guinness beer is from Ireland, it originated in the brewery of Arthur Guinness in 1759.
SO LET'S GO TO IRELAND!
Saint Patrick's day
Irish traditionnal sports