BAR CULTURE AND TALKING TO STRANGERS
Created on January 26, 2022
BAR CULTURE and TALKING TO STRANGERS
Alix Bodin, Lilou Casemode and Margaux Bouguyon
Presenting our topic
Introduction: what does mean "bar culture"?
A few words about the notion
MAP OF BARS IN FRANCE
- Bar culture OR drinking culture
- a traditional and social behaviour that surrounds the consumption of alcohol
- this notion is different regarding the region or the country we live in.
- despite that, general aspects of bar culture are similar everywhere.
What motivates people to go to bars and pubs today?
HUMANS NEED SOCIABILITY
- people might want to party
- Bars and pubs = a meeting place to see their friends and meet new people
WHAT MOTIVATES PEOPLE TO TALK TO EACH OTHER?
SEVERAL FACTORS THAT FAVOR INTERACTIONS
Games: billiards, babyfoot, darts, karaoke....
Vibes, musics, dances, general ambience
Effects of alcohol, euphoria, state of mind
The place in itself: a close room which generates a physical proximity between people
Bars and pubs:
a meeting place
AN UNITED GROUP
-. Everyone goes here for the same reasons: having fun, going on a walkabout...
- some events unify people even more
_ the lockdowns reinforced this social need
- bars favor a social melting pot
Bars and pubs:
a place of discoveries
IT'S A WAY TO DISCOVER SPECIALITIES OF THE REGION
FOOD: Tapas bar
DRINK: Beer or cocktail bars
DANGERS PEOPLE FACE TODAY
DRUGS USED TO HARM PEOPLE
Many victims raised their voices to denounce their experience being drugged by ill-intentioned people using the #balancetonbar in France.
of car crashes are due to alcohol.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!