PINK OCTOBER PRESENTATION
Created on January 17, 2022
More creations to inspire you
By Piaumier Zoé & Vince Maëlle
1. The Origin Story
2. What is breast cancer ?
3. Why is pink ribbon as a symbol ?
4. Pink October
5. Some Facts on Breast cancer
6. Breast cancer risk factors
7. Breast screening test
8. Pink it up
- Spread outside through blood vessels = metastasized
- Invasive ductal carcinoma
- Invasive lobular carcinoma
Susan G.Komen Foundation began awarding pink ribbons in New York City
WHY PINK RIBBoN AS A SYMBOL ?
1991 : Charlotte Haley began sending out peach ribbons
1993 : Evelyn Lauder founded The Breast Cancer Research Foundation
Why is Pink october an important calendar event ?
- Breast Cancer awarness
- Raise consciousness
- Reduce the stigma
- Earlier detection
Early detection is quintessential as 90% of breast cancer in their early stage are curable.
SOME FACTS ON BREAST CANCER
World Cancer Research Fund
CANCER RISK FACTORS
- Family history.
- Personal health
- Physical activity
- Previous diagnosis
- Radiation exposure
HOW REDUCE RISKS
- Maintain a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables
- Reduce excess weight
- Be physically active
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Cut down on smoking
- Don't expose your chest to unnecessary radiation
- Carry out a mounthly self-test
- Speak to your doctor about the best time to start breast screening
- In the shower : touch around your breast, nipple and underarm area in a circular motion for unusual sensations
- In front of a mirror : Observe any visual changes in size and shape
- Lying down : examine your breast and underarm areas in circular motion
Signs of breast cancer
Is it breast cancer or not ?
Don't panic !
If you find anything out of the ordinary, visit a GP immediately and he may refer you for a breast screening test
What does it consist of ?
Crucial as it can identify cancerous cells before symptoms are visible.
- X-ray of your breast
• If all is clear, results are sent by post.
What is the most asked question about mammogram ?
- You are not alone !
- Open up to family and friends
- Talk to breast cancer survivors
- Local Non Governmental Organizations
- Action for Breast Cancer Foundation/ International Agency for Research on Cancer
Living with breast cancer
- Santé Publique France
- National Breast Cancer Foundation