Created on January 5, 2022
More creations to inspire you
The GREAT war
01. Why the stalemate developped ?
03. How the stalemate was finally broken ?
02. How the generals tried to break the stalemate but failed ?
Why a stalemate developped ?
- 1914 ----> March 1918 stalemate on Western Front
- Trenches easy to defend (both side)
- Methode: artillery bombarment followed by infantry attack
- One machine guns = mow hundred of advancing soldiers
- Impossible to hold on to them
- New techniques ideas (both sides new weapons, poison gaz in april 1915, aeroplides, artillery more accurate, camouflage)
How the generals tried to break the stalemate but failed
- 1916 the War of Attrition
- Strategy military
- The batte of Verdun (February-July 1916)
- The Battle of the Somme ( July-November 1916)
- No progress
- March 1918: The German Breakthrough = end of stalemate
- August 1918 to November 1918 : The Hundred Days
The allies ( Triple Entente) help their line Sir Douglas Haig led the Britsish army advanced hardware technology (Armoured cars, tanks, radio communications...)