Want to make creations as awesome as this one?
Prosecuw - November_En
Created on November 16, 2021
More creations to inspire you
OU CAN WITE A SUBTITLE HERE
Places of worship around Europe and the world are in increased danger in the last years due to terrorist attacks and an augmentation of hate crimes. These places serve not only individuals but also families and people in need. It is therefore essential that people can feel safe in such places and this should be a top priority among local and national stakeholders. One of the various ways to improve protection and security in places of worship is the engagement of the community in the protection efforts.
The main aim of the project is to establish cooperation between public authorities and faith-based leaders and congregations aiming at a better understanding of security threats, promotion of awareness raising activities and the creation of manuals for sharing best practices and relevant tools among EU stakeholders.
The general objective of PROSECUW is to enhance protection at places of worship in European countries by setting up cooperation between public authorities (especially law enforcement agents), religious leaders and congregants. The cooperation will be established in various forms and through communication and information for a better understanding of hate speech/crime and terrorist threats that places of worship face in terms of security.
- Training activities for local law enforcement/security agents, public authorities and religious leaders that would form mixed committees for enhanced security
- Creation of a best practices manual and policy recommendations based on the project’s training activities will be ready to be shared EU-wide
- Awareness-raising on enhancing protection and security in places of worship
- Center for Social Innovation (CSI) - Cyprus Project Leader
- Akademie Klausenhof (AK) – Germany
- Universidade Lusofona (COFAC) – Portugal
- Research and Education in Social Empowerment and Transformation (RESET) - Cyprus
- Center of Ecumenical, Missiological and Environmental Studies 'Metropolitan Panteleimon Papageorgiou' (CEMES) – Greece
PROJECT WORK PACKAGES
Work package 1:
Management and Coordination of the Action
Work package 2:
PROSECUW Mapping and Research
(State of the Art and Needs Assessment)
Work package 3:
Capacity Building Development and Implementation for PROSECUW Package
Work package 4:
PROSECUW Hubs for Communal and Educational Actors Empowerment and Collaboration
Work package 5:
Impact Assessment Procedures
Work package 6:
Communication and Valorisation Strategies
PROSECUW Project initiates its activities with a successful and constructive kick-off meeting!
We are proud to announce that the kick-off meeting of the “Protection and Security for places of Worship – PROSECUW” project has been successfully completed on the 8th July 2021, with the Center for Social Innovation as the Lead Organisation and the excellent participation and contribution of our 5 highly-experienced project partners
The PROSECUW project is funded by the Internal Security Fund – Protection of the European Commission, with a total budget of EUR1.5 million and it aims to enhance protection at places of worship in European countries, by setting up cooperation between public authorities, religious leaders, civil society actors, and the local communities, by developing their capacity to counteract radicalization and hate-speech! We look forward to contributing to a more inclusive, just, and receptive EU with our consortium and other local and international actors!
WHAT’S CURRENTLY ON!
PROSECUW partners discuss the project progress
On the 14th October 2021 PROSECUW partners met online to discuss the project progress. One of the key points of this discussion was the development of research that is taking place in all consortium countries.
This research will produce a transnational report that will include current methods, pedagogies, practices and approaches to strengthened protection measures in religious establishments and better responses to religion-based hate crimes.
CYPRUS Police on board with utilizing PROSECUW products!
On the 29th October 2021, the Cyprus partners RESET established a collaboration with the Crime Prevention Unit and the Anti-Terrorism Unit of the Cyprus Police for the PROSECUW project. Both departments expressed their positive intention to exploit the PROSECUW products as part of the internal training of law enforcement agents.
WHAT’S COMING NEXT
- The release of the 4 National, 1 EU and 1 Transnational report
- The PROSECUW documentary that will showcase video testimonies of people who have experienced religious hate crime
- The first face-to face TPM in Cyprus in January for the organization and the development of the PROSECUW training material
FOLLOW US AND FIND OUT MORE!