Created on October 28, 2021
A.3.1.: ANALIZIRATI DUŽI IZVORNI TEKST PRI SLUŠANJU I ČITANJU - primijeniti strategije slušanja gledajući TedEd govor How did Dracula become the world's most famous vampire? - primijeniti strategije čitanja čitajući članak o Juri Grandi
- How can you recognize a vampire?
- Which animal do we associate with vampires and why?
- How can you protect yourself against vampires?
Watch the video and decide whether the statements are true or false.
- The notion of vampires has its origins in Slavic tradition.
- People put crucifixes in coffins to prevent deceased people form rising.
- In the 18th century scientific evidence against the vampires was presented by the Austrian court.
- Bram Stoker, who wrote Dracula, was from England.
- Stoker's mother told him about her horrific experience during a cholera outbreak
- Dracula, the character, is based on the historical figure Vlad III Dracula.
- Silent film Nosferatu violated Stoker's copyrights.
- Bela Lugosi adapted the book into a movie.
- Why did people start believing in vampires?
- Can the phonemenon behind the superstition
be explained scientifically?
- Do people still believe in vampires? Why?
- Do you know if there is a Croatian folk tale
Read the text about jure grando
"I am the first!"
This is a paragraph of text waiting to be awesome content
1) Where and when did Jure Grando live?
2) What is a 'štrigon'?
3) Why did people believe he became a vampire?
4) How long was he harassing the villagers?
5) How did they stop him?
VLAD III IMPALER
Find examples of superstitious beliefs in Croatia and the UK. In groups, make a presentation on similarities and differences between these two countries. Be creative and do not forget to name your sources!