by Zdravka Majkić
- Glagoli koji se završavaju na -e+ing, e se gubi npr: make+ing=making, have+ing= having
- Glagoli koji se završavaju na -l +ing, l se duplira npr: travel + ing = travelling,
- Glagoli koji imaju jedan jedini kratki samoglasnik na predposlednjem mestu u reči, zadnje slovo mu se duplira. npr:
Ово је трајно садашње време.Означава радњу која се дешава у тренутку када о њој говоримо.
The Present Continuous koristimo da iskažemo radnju koja se dešava u trenutku govora ili u neposrednoj budućnosti.
I am watching TV now. ( watch)
Ја гледам ТВ сада.
He is sitting at the table. ( sit)
Он седи за столом.
We are smiling at the moment. ( smile)
Ми се смејемо овог тренутка.
She is swimming now.
She isn't swimming now.
Is she swimming now?
Yes, she is. /No, she isn't.
- I am writing a book.
- She is listening to the radio.
- They are doing their homework.
The short forms of am/is/are are ‘m/’s/’re.
- I‘m writing a book.
- She‘s listening to the radio.
- They‘re doing their homework.
The negative short forms of am not/is not/are not are ‘m not/isn’t/aren’t.
- I‘m not writing a book.
- She isn’t listening to the radio.
- They aren’t doing their homework.
Note that we can use short forms only in negative short answers, but not in positive short answers.
- ‘Are you writing a book?’ ‘No, I’m not/I am not.’
- ‘Are you writing a book?’ ‘Yes, I am.’ (NOT Yes, I’m.)
We use the present continuous for temporary things that are happening around now (=not at the moment of speaking but these days, or weeks, etc.)
- I‘m reading a very good book at the moment. (=I’m not reading it at the moment I’m speaking, but I’m reading it these days.)
now, these days, at the moment, etc.
We use the present continuous with time expressions that mean ‘now’ or ‘around now’: now, at the moment, at present, today, these days, this week, etc.