Created on March 13, 2021
More creations to inspire you
Activities and culture
a western film
Quiz et exercices
Fiches de travail et corrigés
Fiches de vocabulaire
A western movie
This is a paragraph of text waiting to be awesome subtitle.
Quiz apports culturels
Exercices de grammaire en ligne
English Grammar Exercises and Quizzes
The western - Definition
Western, a genre of novels and short stories, motion pictures, and television and radio shows that are set in the American West, usually in the period from the 1850s to the end of the 19th century.
Manifest Destiny, a phrase coined in 1845, is the idea that the United States is destined—by God, its advocates believed—to expand its dominion and spread democracy and capitalism across the entire North American continent. The philosophy drove 19th-century U.S. territorial expansion and was used to justify the forced removal of Native Americans and other groups from their homes.
The Trail of Tears or Indian Removals
The Transcontinental Railroad
In 1862, the Pacific Railroad Act chartered two railroad companies to build a transcontinental railroad that would link the USA from east to west. There was a competition between the two companies so that although the labor was hard because of the many dangers arising in the construction, the railroad was finished in 1869.
The Gold Rush
The American Civil War
Lewis and Clark expedition
Vocabulary list : translation and synonyms (the poster)
This is a beautiful landscape
I have just settled into the wilderness
In the distance, there was a huge cloud threatening.
I refuse to live on barren land.
This stretch of land was bought by the Council
He has never looked so troubled before
Every time you go out, I get worried
This furniture takes up the whole room
I searched everywhere but did not find him
The house was afire
scenery, scene, countryside
far off, far back, further, out of reach
parched, arid, infertile
area, place, region
bothered, distraught, concerned
anxious, distressed, upset
fill, cover, occupy
look for, seek, hunt for
how to describe and analyse a picture
- Title, author, general topic, date.
- Observe its composition, the characters, the place, lines and colours.
- Interpret: cultural, historical, artistic context.
- Share your opinion, use your knowledge to support your arguments.
- It was released in...; it is entitled.....; it deals with..
- On the right/ left-hand side; in the bottom right-hand corner; in the top left-hand corner; in the background; in the foreground.
- As far as I am concerned; what strikes me the most; at first glance; to draw the viewer's attention.......