Created on March 6, 2021
More creations to inspire you
If you follow a vegetarian diet, that means you don’t eat meat, poultry, or fish. This category of eaters can be further divided by what animal products you choose to include in your diet:
- lacto-ovo → eggs and dairy products
- lacto → dairy products
- ovo → eggs
If you’re following a vegan diet, you don’t eat meat, poultry, or fish. You also don’t consume dairy products, eggs, or other animal products, like gelatin or honey.
A partial vegetarian doesn’t eat meat but does eat some animal foods.
- pescatarians → fish
- pollo-vegetarians → poultry
Why are more people going vegetarian?
Do influencers influence what we eat?
- social media has had a big part to play in the rise of the plant-based lifestyle.
- celebrities like Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus and Ellen DeGeneres are some of the well-known figures who don't eat animal products
- #vegan has more than 108 million posts listed on Instagram, while #vegetarian over 30 million
What are the health benefits of a vegetarian diet?
- good for heart health
- reduces cancer risk
- lowers blood pressure
- decreases asthma symptoms
- promotes bone health
- Veganuary is an annual event that encourages non-vegans to adopt a vegan diet during the month of January
- Veganuary inspired and supported more than half a million people to try vegan during their 2021 campaign
- vitamin D
- vitamin B12
Healthy tips for going vegan
- Take it easy.
- Start with dishes you know and love.
- Learn how to build a healthy plate.
- Make sure you're eating enough.
- Don’t give up.
"Nothing will benefit health or increase chances of survival on earth as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Vegetarian and vegan festivals
How does veganism affect the environment?