Created on February 1, 2021
YEar at a Glance
Click each linkto explore
CLick for information on immunizations/medications
- Where I went to School: Texas Tech University
- I love running outdoors, reading, traveling, spending time with my 2 nephews, and walking my dog Murphy!
- What I love most about Kindergarten: I love seeing students explore their interests, become more independent, develop curiosity, and build new friendships! Creating a love for learning with hands-on experiences is so much fun!
- Fun Fact: I am also a licensed cosmetologist!
- Oklahoma Baptist University
- Interests: working out, spending time with family, relaxing by the pool, grabbing starbucks, and shopping.
- The thing I love most about Kindergarten is watching students turn into independent individuals with a love for learning.
- Fun fact: I’m left handed!
Next year will be my 24th year of teaching and each year feels like the first when I walk in because the students make it so exciting for me! I am passionate about teaching students how to live a healthy and ACTIVE lifestyle and why it is important to be safe in our movements. PE is fun and games, but it is so many other important life skills too that it keeps each day new and exciting! I look forward to meeting your new Cougar!
In music class we use music in all kinds of ways. We move our bodies to music by playing games, dancing, and acting it out; we make music by singing and playing instruments; and, we think about music by the way it makes us feel, how it sounds, and how to read and write music. Next year will be my sixth year of teaching and I am so excited to meet your new Cougar as we make music together!
Teaching, guiding and inspiring creativity to my students, has always been a deep passion of mine. Creating art is a great way for one to express themselves to others. It is very important to let my students know that they are able to do anything they set their minds to! ❤ That is just one of the dozens of reasons, why I love teaching art to my students here at Canyon Creek!
- All Kindergarten students will exit out the front doors of the school.
- If your kindergartener has an older sibling that they will be meeting after school, please make arrangements to meet your children outside. They will not be able to meet inside the building.
- Should we ever have a rainy day dismissal, you will drive up (or walk up) with the placard provided at the beginning of the year so that we can call your child out from their classroom.