More creations to inspire you
EBAU WRITING: OPINION ESSAY
- STICK TO your opinion- Use a FORMAL or NEUTRAL register
- CHANGE your view- GIVE ARGUMENTS ON BOTH SIDES of the issue (pros & cons)- Use short forms or slang
To sump up / To conclude / In conclusion,As I see it / In my view / I am convinced that ...
Nowadays, ...It is argued that ...I totally disagree/could notagree more with that statementPersonally, I feel that ...I strongly believe that ...
- Restate your opinion (deeper/new words)- Briefly summarise the 2 arguments above- Include a 'call to action'
- It is widely known that ... / It is a fact that ...- It is clear/true that ... /It goes without saying that ...- Research has shown that ... / As a matter of fact, ...- For instance / To give an example / Probably the most obvious example is ...- Furthermore / What is more / In addition to this, ...
- Reason 2 to support your opinion (topic sentence)- Explanation sentence (expand on your first idea)- Give an example, relevant facts or details
- Reason 1 to support your opinion (topic sentence)- Explanation sentence (expand on your first idea)- Give an example, relevant facts or details
- Establish the topic- Grab the reader's attention (rethorical question)- State YOUR OPINION
Consejería de Educación
SUPPORTING PARAGRAPH 2
SUPPORTING PARAGRAPH 1
2º BACH - ENGLISH