Seminar: Digital resources:
Created on November 2, 2020
Seminar: Digital resources
Dr. Sandra Camelo
World Health Organization (WHO)
What's your experience?
The Digital Competence Framework 2.0
DigComp 2.0 identifies the key components of digital competence in 5 areas which can be summarised as below:
- 1) Information and data literacy: To articulate information needs, to locate and retrieve digital data, information and content. To judge the relevance of the source and its content. To store, manage, and organise digital data, information and content.
- 2) Communication and collaboration: To interact, communicate and collaborate through digital technologies while being aware of cultural and generational diversity. To participate in society through public and private digital services and participatory citizenship. To manage one’s digital identity and reputation.
- 3) Digital content creation: To create and edit digital content To improve and integrate information and content into an existing body of knowledge while understanding how copyright and licences are to be applied. To know how to give understandable instructions for a computer system.
- 4) Safety: To protect devices, content, personal data and privacy in digital environments. To protect physical and psychological health, and to be aware of digital technologies for social well-being and social inclusion. To be aware of the environmental impact of digital technologies and their use.
- 5) Problem solving: To identify needs and problems, and to resolve conceptual problems and problem situations in digital environments. To use digital tools to innovate processes and products. To keep up-to-date with the digital evolution.
(Deterding et al., 2011)
Games used for serious
What's your experience with gamification and interactive
Using technological and digital tools to promote
Free lab tools
Linden lab & Second Life
- Live or pre-recorded lecture content
- Interative activitities
Are you ready?
Do not be afraid to try new media and digital contents in your online materials
How would you use the tools presented in the Webinar for online teaching?
Group Practical Exercise
Use Existing Resources
Create Your Own Resources
Find and adapt material
Be creative and create your own ressources according to your students' needs
Evaluate cons and pros depending on your needs and those of your students
3. Test your design online
Provide feedback to your students as a collective and individually
Post public messages for all the students who are taking the same course
Create a frequent questions and answers forum
Define the way students can directly communicative with you
Enable and facilitate spaces for students to communicate among them
Make sure students can access from different devices
Consider size, fonts, extension and other formatting variables
Other Multimedia Resources