Support for English Language Learners
1,424 Complete Books & Poem Readings,
Located in Classlink - Texquest
Resources just for Teachers
Virtual Teaching Ideas
A Teacher's Best Friend
Bitmoji templates are created and ready for you to copy, edit and use! Book covers link students back to resources from Teaching Books, such as author interviews book trailers book readings guides, activities, and lessons
Teaching Books has 1,434 complete book readings that can be freely shared with students and families, and the collection keeps growing. many of these readings are done by the authors themselves. Select the resource you want to share, and click on the share arrow to get a persistent link that can be shared with students, print out a QR code, or send the link straight to Google classroom. Links can also be shared via social media.
Resources to Expand Your Instructional OptionsComplete Book Readings and Accompanying Activities
- Video and audio performances of more than 1,300 books and poems
- Every student has unlimited access to common and individualized texts
- Bring to life favorite books with video and audio interviews
Mini-lessons, Bell-ringers and interactive activities Authors Inspire Us - lesson sheets focusing on author's purpose Genre Sleuth - identify genres by title or poetry What's in a Name? - enhance conversations about identity by listening to authors' mini-autobiographies Writing Prompts Interactive Spaces - printable shelf talkers
Activities to Support English Language Learners
- Access our collection of Complete Readings of Books and Poems for students who want to listen and follow along as a book is read.
- Support fluency with Reader’s Theater Scripts.
- Enjoy our World Language Resources in multiple languages.
Lesson ideas Celebrate Differences with an audio excerpt from Amina's Voice Model Behaviors conversation starters from Thanks a Million inspire students to stand up with a book guide from I Walk with Vanessa Springboard Discussions with a meet-the-author recording from The Night Gardener hold a book study of The Next Great Paulie Fink